After the launch of the BHIM and TEZ app, the government of India has now launched a new multi-channel platform which is known as Umang App. This move has been taken by the GOI to unite all the government services and schemes in one place and make it more convenient for all the citizens to take the benefit of these services.
What is UMANG APP?
Umang (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is an all-in-one mobile app that has 1200 services including state and central government. It is a multi-channel platform that is absolutely free for everyone. This app will reduce your efforts of going to the regional government offices. It will also save you precious time and energy.
How to register for the Umang app?
Downloading and registering for the Umang app is as easy as downloading other apps from the Google Play Store and the iPhone app store. It can be completed with a few simple steps. Let me tell you how?
- Download the Umang app from your mobiles Play store
- Select preferred language and click on terms and conditions
- Click on register (if you don’t have login id and password) and proceed by entering your mobile number (make sure that you have this number in front of you because you will receive an OTP)
- Enter that OTP and proceed to set MPIN.
- Now enter all the other details like your name and all and click on submit.
- Once you save all the data then you get confirmation at your registered mobile number .It also says if you have not updated your details then you can give missed call at this number- “1800-11-5246.”
That’s it. With these simple steps, you will be registered with the Umang app. If you enter your Aadhaar number, it may use your Aadhaar number for E-KYC purpose and your data linked with your Aadhaar will be automatically linked with the Umang profile. You don’t need to provide any other details for the registration process.
Watch this video to know about all the features of Umang app :
Many of our investors, when we ask them about their accumulated balance in their Provident fund account or pension fund, they don’t have any idea about the same. So for all those investors, Umang app is very useful to get to know the balance of all their investments in EPF/PPF, or other government schemes, on just a few clicks. So, in this article, we have focused on how to check EPF balance. By following the same process you can get to know about other government schemes balance.
What is EPFO?
EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organization) assists the Central Board in administering a compulsory contributory Provident Fund Scheme, a Pension Scheme and an Insurance Scheme for the workforce engaged in the organized sector in India.
How to check EPF balance and view passbook on the Umang app?
Step#1 – Open the Umang app and click on to EPFO :
Once you click on the Umang app and click EFPO. After you click EFPO the below window opens. Then click on to employee-centric services to know your EPF balance.
After clicking on to employee-centric services, below window appears. Now click on to view passbook and wait.
After you click on to view passbook now you will have to log in. For login, you need UAN (Universal Account Number) allotted by the EPFO to every employee that contributes to PF. You can ask your employer for your UAN number. Once you enter UAN number, you will have to click on get OTP. You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number. Put the OTP and log in.
Please note – If you leave your current job and move to another job then your UAN number will not change. This UAN number will be with you forever.
After you log in the below window appears. You will have to click on view passbook and
After you click on to view passbook the below window will appear which will show you the entire EPF balance created during your employment with various employers. You can open each of the links that are mentioned employee wise to see complete details of the deposit made towards PF.
List of other services available on UMANG APP:
Central Services :
- AICTE ( All India Council for Technical Education)
- Aadhaar Card
- Bharat Bill Pay
- Bharat Gas (BPCL)
- Buyer Seller – mKisan (Sell product to Better Price)
- CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
- CHILDLINE 1098 (Night and Day)
- CISF (Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt.of India)
- CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (My Grievance)
- Crop Insurance (Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare)
- CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force)
- DAY – NULM (Deendayal Upadhyay Antyodaya Yojana National Urban livelihood Mission)
- Digi Sevak (Digital India Volunteer Management System)
- Directorate of Marketing & Inspection (Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers welfare)
- e-RaktKosh (A Centralised Blood Bank Management System)
- eMigrate (Ministry of External Welfare)
- ePashuhaat (GPMS Transportal)
- ePathshala (National Council of Educational Research and Training)
- EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation)
- eRahi Sukhad Yatra (National Highways Authority of India)
- ESIC – Chinta Se Mukti (Employees’ State Insurance Corporation)
- Extensions Reforms Monitoring System (Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare)
- Farm Mechanisation (Ministry of Agriculture and farmer Welfare)
- Goods & Service Tax Network ( Ministry of Finance)
- HP GAS
- INDANE GAS (Indian Oil Corporation Limited)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- Khoya Paya (Citizen’s Corner of Track Child)
- Kisan Suvidha (Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare)
- MADAD (Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India)
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- My Pan (Income Tax Department )
- National Consumer Helpline (Department of Consumer Affairs)
- National Scholarship Portal (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India)
- NDL India (National Digital Library of India)
- NPS (Retired Life ka Sahara, NPS hamara)
- ORS (Online Registration System – Patient’s Portal for e-Hospital)
- Parivahan Sewa – Sarathi (Ministry of Road Transport & Highways)
- Parivahan Sewa – Vahan
- Passport Seva
- Pay Income Tax
- Pensioner’s Portal (Department of Pension and Pensioner’s Welfare)
- Pharma Sahi Daam (National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority)
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Soil Health Card (Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare)
- Swayam Prabha (Free DTH Channels for Education)
- TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India)
State Services :
- AKPS (Annapurna Krishi Prasaar Seva – Agro Advisory Service)
- Chhattisgarh e-District (Citizen Services on Mobile)
- District administration Department (ASSAM)
- e-Dhara Land Records (Government of Gujarat)
- e-District Chandigarh (Chandigarh administration)
- e-District Manipur (Government of Manipur)
- e-District Mizoram (Governance in Mizoram)
- e-District Nagaland (Government of Nagaland)
- e-District Uttarakhand
- e-Mitra Rajasthan (Government of Rajasthan)
- Election Department (ASSAM)
- eSampark Chandigarh (Government of Chandigarh)
- General Administration Department (ASSAM)
- m4agriNEI (Agro Advisory Service)
- MP BSE (Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education)
- MP e-Nagar Palika (Directorate of Urban Administration and Development)
- MP MSME (Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises)
- MP RCMS (Revenue Case Management System)
- MP Transport ( Department of Transport)
- Municipal Administration GOA
- NDMC (New Delhi Municipal Council)
- OJAS (Online Job Application System)
- PHED Haryana (Public Health Engineering Department)
- Political Department (ASSAM)
- Revenue Department (Tamil Nadu)
- Revenue Department (Himachal Pradesh)
- Revenue & Disaster Management (Badalta Haryana – Badhta Haryana)
- Revenue Department ASSAM
- Revenue Department GUJARAT
- Revenue Department – Delhi (eDistrict Delhi)
- SARAL (Transforming Citizen service delivery in Haryana)
- SSRD KYRC (Special Secretary Revenue Department – Government of Gujarat)
- The welfare of Plain Tribes & Backward Classes Department (ASSAM)
As you now know that, with just a few clicks you can know your EPF balance. I have checked mine, what are you waiting for go and check yours. If u still have any doubt or query please ask in the comment section.