Opening lecture: 14 November 2022: ‘The Corporation as a Social Actor’
The 2022 Dieter Heremans Lectures in Law & Economics at KU Leuven (Belgium) will be given by Professor John Armour, Professor of Law and Finance at Oxford University.
The opening lecture on ‘The Corporation as a Social Actor‘ will take place on 14 November 2022, at 10 a.m. at Naamsestraat 22, 3000 Leuven, Belgium (Promotiezaal).
The lecture is free, but please register here.
John Armour is Professor of Law and Finance at Oxford University and a Fellow of the British Academy and the European Corporate Governance Institute. He was previously a member of the Faculty of Law and the interdisciplinary Centre for Business Research at the University of Cambridge. He studied law (MA, BCL) at the University of Oxford and then at Yale Law School (LLM). He has held visiting posts at various institutions including the University of Auckland, the University of Chicago, Columbia Law School, the University of Frankfurt, the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Private Law in Hamburg, the University of Pennsylvania Law School and the University of Sydney.
The other lectures are:
- 14 November 2022, at 3 p.m. (DV3.01.32): The Corporation as a Private Actor
- 15 November 2022, at 10 a.m. (DV3.01.24): The Rules of the Game
- 16 November 2022, at 10 a.m. (DV3.01.10): Enlightened Shareholder Value
- 17 November 2022, at 10 a.m. (DV3.01.32): Enforcement
- 18 November 2022, at 10 a.m. (DV3.01.32): Committing to Social Action
The Heremans Lectures are hosted by the Faculty of Economics and Business and the Faculty of Law and Criminology at KU Leuven.