JOB TITLE: Senior Business Advisor-Financial
REPORTS TO: SVP Education
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: 07/01/2021
The Senior Business Advisor-Financial supports Pathway Lending’s goals, values, and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment, and accountability.
Working under the policy direction of Pathway Lending (Pathway) and under the general supervision of the SVP Education this position provides support in administrative areas. The Senior Business Advisor-Financial is primarily responsible for the education and counseling of Pathway’s clients in Chattanooga to promote the success of the businesses and to mitigate the risk of loan losses in this high-risk portfolio. The position is unique in that it combines lending with pre- and post-loan technical assistance under a single program.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads client engagements and supervises resource teams independently with little oversight,
- Identifies, develops, and maintains strategic relationships with community leaders, government agencies and nonprofits throughout Pathway’s Chattanooga and surrounding market. The relationships will serve as partners with Pathway in delivering Pathways programs within their communities. This would also include working with various grant funders.
- Develops and promotes strategies that helps Pathway identify opportunities to provide educational, technical, and financial opportunities to underserved communities and individuals with the assistance of the appropriate community partners.
- Provides hands-on business consulting (technical assistance) and educational services, including but not limited to; assessing strengths and weaknesses in clients’ business models, strategies, and practices; identifying operational deficiencies and developing practical strategies to mitigate such deficiencies to increase productivity and profitability.
- Supports Pathway’s educational programs by providing one- on- one counseling to clients of the WBC and VBOC; develops and teaches classes; writes articles on various aspects of entrepreneurship; and represents the organization at various outreach events.
- Facilitates borrower “support groups;” creates and maintains strategic partnerships and professional relationships with other business consultants and advisors (“resources”) and leverages those resources to provide additional support to clients.
- Performs outreach to organizations and stakeholders to support Pathway’s education programs.
Establishes and maintains all client and milestone information in organizational systems such as Salesforce.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Ability to provide excellent customer service with clients, partners, stakeholders, and team members. Strong Microsoft Office skills including Adobe, and ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools. Knowledge of small business and commercial loan documentation, strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy, excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization, ability to meet or exceed business goals and objectives, while fostering a team atmosphere. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Master’s Degree in Accounting, C.P.A or M.B.A. is preferred. Six years of experience in job related activities, public accounting or small business consulting is preferred. Must have experience resolving and working through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
Salary: $82,400 per year
Qualified candidates may send their resumes to: [email protected]