The Managing Director-Business Advisory Services supports Pathway Lending’s goals, values, and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment, and accountability.
Located in Middle Tennessee-
Working under the policy direction of Pathway Lending and the general supervision of the SVP Education, this role provides support in administrative areas and demands a high level of creative problem-solving. The Managing Director is key in driving the overall program effectiveness and delivery for the education and counseling of Pathway Lending’s borrowers, aiming to bolster business success and mitigate loan loss risks in this high-risk portfolio. A core aspect of this role involves cultivating a culture of approachability and trust with clients, understanding the needs of small businesses, and fostering strong relationships to elevate our interaction and influence within the small business sector. The program is funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides strategic advisory services and hands-on business consulting to loan portfolio businesses and applicants, emphasizing financial forecasting, accounting and POS systems, key performance indicators, and cash flow management.
- Coordinates with various business consultants to build a referral network for borrowers.
- Leads Business Advisors in developing strategic partnerships and professional relationships with clients, instilling a culture of trust and approachability.
- Monitors SBA TA budget hours, cultivates relationships with external consultants for client business skills training.
- Collaborates with the Portfolio Manager for data analysis and risk mitigation strategies, emphasizing creative problem-solving.
- Manages daily operations of the Business Advisory Services Program, ensuring approachability and trust are central to client interactions.
- Manages and coordinates responsive business training programs for Microloan Portfolio clients.
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will excel in customer service and must be adept in Microsoft Office and Adobe, with the ability to navigate multiple computer systems. Key qualifications include knowledge of small business and commercial loan documentation, strong analytical skills, and excellent communication abilities. The individual must interact effectively at all organizational levels and meet or exceed business goals while fostering a team atmosphere. Independent work capability, self-reliance, tactical and strategic thinking, and robust leadership skills, including the ability to foster a culture of creativity, approachability, and trust, are critical. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree in accounting or C.P.A or M.B.A is preferred. 10+ years of diversified business experience including management and decision making is preferred. Working in finance, public accounting or small business consulting is a plus. Exposure to small business and teaching experience are pluses. Must have experience resolving and working through complex business issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
Ability to communicate in English, remain in a stationary position 75% of workday, move, some travel throughout Pathway service area, and ability to adapt to a changing environment. Aligns with Pathway Lending’s mission of providing clients and stakeholders with the highest level of service to facilitate their success and the economic growth of our CDFI market.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions.
Remote work options.
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Southeast Community Capital, d/b/a Pathway Lending, is a member of LBMC Employment Partners, a professional services organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to change the job duties and responsibilities.