FCF Fox Corporate Finance GmbH is delighted to publish the new “FCF Healthcare & Life Sciences Venture Capital Monitor – Europe 08/2023”. The Monitor is a monthly published overview of venture capital trends in the European Life Sciences sector.
As of the end of August 2023 we identify the following current VC trends in Europe:
- In 2023, overall Life Sciences funding has reached EUR 5,610m
- Biotech received 46% of the total investment volume (constant compared to the previous month)
- Oncology dominates as the top indication in Biotech
- Chemify (United Kingdom) has the highest transaction volume of EUR 32m in August, followed by Bactolife (Denmark) EUR 30 and Lindus Health (United Kingdom) EUR 16m
- The European Innovation Council Fund (Belgium) dominates the Top 5 Investors (by deal volume), followed by Revival Healthcare Capital (United States) and Gilde Healthcare Partners (Netherlands)
- Top 5 Deals exceed EUR 125m each, largest transaction amounted to EUR 683m in YgEia3 (United Kingdom)
To access the full report, please click here.
By Mathias Klozenbücher, Johannes Link and Marco Buonafede-Bennardo.